When a person gets cold or "picks up" a virus, he usually has a classic set of symptoms, among which there is a nasal congestion, as an indispensable symptom. However, if zalozhennost is not associated with a cold or acute respiratory infection and is repeated regularly, especially in winter, then you can already talk about something other than a cold or flu.
Nasal congestion without a sniff or other cold symptoms should alert. Inevitably, labored breathing can lead to serious complications, because the brain does not receive oxygen, a person becomes tired because of it, becomes inhibited in behavior and thinking, etc. Such a state of things can last for months and years, if no measures are taken. Why does this happen and with what it can be connected?
There are several explanations for this state.
1. Nasal congestion, which is aggravated in winter, is not a disease, but a kind of person's reaction to the ecological situation. This is especially typical for megacities. The nose simply can not cope with a huge amount of dust, gas, harmful emissions, and in winter, the cold temperatures also join it.
2. The reaction in the form of nasal congestion can occur when exposed to tobacco smoke or a sharp odor.
3. In addition, a polyp or
may exist in the nose.
4. the nasal septum can be curved.
5. A stuffy nose can become a consequence of an untreated flu.
6. One of the serious causes of nasal congestion, including permanent obstruction in winter, is a sinusitis transferred on the legs or a variant of it - sinusitis. This is a dangerous disease, untimely treatment of which can lead to very serious consequences up to a lethal outcome.
7. But the most likely cause of nasal congestion without accompanying mucous secretions in the winter is allergy. In this case, it is a seasonal allergy to cold air. This condition became known as allergic rhinitis.
In all cases, leave the phenomenon of nasal congestion untreated and not pay attention to them can not. To eliminate the stuffiness should take medication, which should recommend a doctor-otorhinolaryngologist. But constantly to drip in the nose, and even the same drops, absolutely not. This can cause even more swelling of the nasal mucosa and, as a consequence, even more nasal congestion.
In folk medicine, there are funds from nasal congestion in the absence of rhinitis a. A simple way - to get your feet in very hot water with the addition of mustard powder. And instead of drug drops, it's best to drip carrot or beet juice, diluted with plain water, into the nose. Another proven method is the application of kerosene compresses to the feet for the night. After the compress you need to put on socks and sleep in them. You can also massage the point on the brush between the thumb and forefinger from time to time.